- 992,269 hits
- Top 40 Android Developer Blogs
- Interesting Gacha
- Game Design Information from Amy Jo Kim
- New Trailer Video for Double Star Game
- Winners from Google Play Indie Games Festival
- New Indie Corner on Google Play
- The Superbook: an Interesting Idea
- Double Star in Indie Corner on Google Play
- Alien Commander to Appear in Rocket Rascal
- Tutorial: How to Implement In-app Billing in Android - Part 1
- Android Images With Clickable Areas - Part 1
- How To Build A Simple Help Screen in Android
- Moving Views In Android - Part 2, Drag and Drop
- Tutorial: How to Implement In-app Billing in Android – Part 2
- Drag-Drop for an Android GridView
- Multitouch Panning and Zooming Examples for Android
- How to Export and Import Android Virtual Devices
- Android Rotate and Scale Bitmap Example
Tagsandroid app authentication best practices css dashboard demo double-star drag-drop emulator example fragment game game board game design gomoku google google accounts google play gwt gwt-presenter how-to images in-app billing in-app purchase Indie Games inspiring iphone iphone app java keyboard lessons learned mvp mvp example pan performance space space-war splash sst test touch trek Tridroid tutorial ui ui thread update video zoom
Tag Archives: sst
There is new code for the Java version of Super Star Trek. The latest changes include improvements in the way events are handled.
I have updated the Java code for my port of the old Super Star Trek game. I first wrote about this about a year ago. See “Java Version of Super Star Trek”.
This update has many bug fixes and enhancements, including support for a deathray, a special kind of beacon planet, an alien home world, and firing phasers and torpedos at up to three targets at once. The new code is available on the SST2k page on Wglxy.com.
Android App. I have built an Android app based on this Java code. The app is more than just destroying alien ships, which is the main objective of Super Star Trek. The app has a storyline about searching the galaxy for the aliens’ home world. If you would like to try that game, more information is available here: Beta Test for Double Star.
SST2k website. The website where I originally found the C code for Super Star Trek is no longer around. I did locate the original SST2k manual in one of the places that caches old web pages. See SST2k game instructions.
Review on Space Game Junkie. The old game was recently reviewed on the Space Game Junkie website. That website is a fun place to visit if you like space games. Brian Rubin did a four part series on Super Star Trek. The link to the first of the series is here: Super Star Trek (entry 1). If you like the game, you will undoubtedly enjoy Brian’s entertaining attempt to learn the game. If you visit his Google+ game, you will find a post from me about movement, where I try to explain why his encounters with blackholes are not as unpredictable as he thought. Continue reading
I built a version of Super Star Trek in Java. This version of the Star Trek text game is based on the work of the SST2k project.
Star Trek, a text-based computer game, has a long history. It originated back in the 1970’s and there have been many variations of it since then. According to the Wikipedia article on the Star Trek text game, the SST2k project started in 2005. It is based on the C port of Tom Almy, which was done in the early 2000s.
A link to the Java source is provided. Continue reading