- 976,663 hits
- New Trailer Video for Double Star Game
- Winners from Google Play Indie Games Festival
- New Indie Corner on Google Play
- The Superbook: an Interesting Idea
- Double Star in Indie Corner on Google Play
- Alien Commander to Appear in Rocket Rascal
- Improved Double Star
- More on the Thirty Second Hook
- Double Star game for Android
- Tutorial: How to Implement In-app Billing in Android - Part 1
- Android Images With Clickable Areas - Part 1
- Multitouch Panning and Zooming Examples for Android
- Horizontal Scrolling Pages of Images in Android
- How To Build A Simple Help Screen in Android
- Moving Views In Android - Part 2, Drag and Drop
- Android Rotate and Scale Bitmap Example
- How To Build A Dashboard User Interface In Android
- Drag-Drop for an Android GridView
Tagsandroid app authentication best practices css dashboard demo double-star drag-drop emulator example fragment game game board game design gomoku google google accounts google play gwt gwt-presenter how-to images in-app billing in-app purchase Indie Games inspiring iphone iphone app java keyboard lessons learned mvp mvp example pan performance space space-war splash sst test touch trek Tridroid tutorial ui ui thread update video zoom
Tag Archives: gomoku
There are reaction games, and there are thinking games. Gomoku is definitely a thinking game. It is a two person strategy game with simple rules. The goal is to get five markers in a row before your opponent does.
In Gomoku League, the game itself will definitely challenge you. There are four levels of AI play — from beginner to advanced. You will have no trouble finding an opponent that will test your skill.
What’s different about Gomoku League? It’s a league. You play games against the other players. But those players can play each other too. That’s a way for you to learn to play a better game. And oddly enough, it’s fascinating to watch two AI players battle it out — especially at high speed. Entire games unfold in under a minute. Turn two AI’s loose and let them play. Then go back and watch the replay to see how the winner did it. Sometimes it’s what happens in the games you’re not in that’s important. If the league leader loses a tough match to another AI player, that’s good for you. That player’s rating and record take a hit, and you’re a little bit close to being the Gomoku master of your Android device.
Gomoku Leagus is available now in both the Amazon App Store and the Android Market.
I finished and released my first Android app. The app is Gomoku League. Your objective is not simply to win a game of Gomoku, it is to win enough games to be first in the league. It’s a free app so give it a try.
For more information on Gomoku League, see the full description in the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wglxy.gomoku.a. Continue reading
I presented my Gomoku League app at the local Android Meetup group (Tridroid) last night. I talked about the game of Gomoku, the idea for a league app, how I built the app, what I learned, and free versus paid apps. I also announced that a test version of the app was available for download.