For those of you who are following the progress of my Starship game app for Android, here is a short update. The latest alpha test version of the Android app is out. Version 0.93 features a more mobile enemy fleet. At level 1, the enemy move when a Commander ship is nearby. After level 1, all enemy ships move. Leaderboards are working again. Sign in to Google+ to use them. Touch Leaders on the Menu screen after you get through training.
To try the prerelease version of the app, go to the Google+ community and click the “Join” link:
Try the Double Star app (Updated: August 2, 2014)
Please note that improved graphics are on the way.
The latest demo video is on Youtube.
For software developers interested in how this app was constructed, read these blog articles.
- Lessons from Angry Birds
- Java Version of Super Star Trek
- New Turn-based Space War App
- Examples of Store Item Activities in Android
- Android Fragment for an Item in a Store
- Android Switch Fragment
- Two Progress Bars for Android
- Multitouch Panning and Zooming